Tuesday, July 30, 2013

On an Update and News

My darling readers, I just got back from a whirlwind trip through Virginia and North Carolina, to see some family and catch a Drum Corps show in Charlotte.

While I was packing and traveling, there was a surge in Royal Baby fever as Will and Kate welcomed Prince George into the family, and the Pope took to the pulpit to publicly change the Vatican's stance on gay clergymen.  Needless to say, it's been a big week in international news, and I've been otherwise occupied.

A lot of people were surprised by the fact that I got a bit swept up in the Royal Baby (though, that shouldn't surprised anyone who knows how much of an Anglophile I am), but, as I explained, if the press can get all excited about a Kardashian baby, I can get excited about a royal baby.  I mean, one is a family that has done very little to earn their fame and has had a family member very publicly naked...and the other is the Kardashians.  At least the British royal family seems to have some class about the whole thing.

I apologize for the recent mini-posts, but I'll return to regular posting once I've caught up on some sleep.

Royally yours,
Rachel Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think!